FCRS - Fair Computer Recycling Suite.
- Secure deletion of hard disks.
- Generate wipe status reports for donors.
- Print hardware inventory reports.
- Automatic installation of thin client bootloader - and etherboot
- Provides a graphical user interface for configuration and ease in
- Configurable categorization of computers based on RAM/HDD/NIC.
- Communication through onboard serial ports, PCI serial I/O cards
and USB RS232 HUBS.
- Tested stable with 26 concurrent connections, but probably
many USB2serial and serial ports as Linux itself.
FCRS is a software suite running on Linux intended for high volume
computer recycling. Secure erasure of data is time consuming. We need
to automate the
process of gathering wipe results from donated computers. By equipping
a central server with
a lot of serial ports, we can boot several
clients, then instruct them to send information to this server. The
server can then treat the data agreeably.
FCRS User Manual
Sourceforge project web is here.
© 2005-2006 FAIR International. Hosted